INC218 Modbus Single-axis Inclinometer.pdfCompetitive Price Uniaxial Level Meter Modbus High Accuracy Digital
Inclinometer for Solar Applications INC218
INC218 inclinometer is a low cost and small serial output
single-axis inclinometer. Agreement of modbus-RTU can be applied to
this product. RS232, RS485 and TTL all can be its output mode.
INC218 inclinometer is a accurate angle measurement device.
This compact and rugged sensor is ideal where space is critical and
environmental conditions are serious design concerns.
The heart of the system is a patented, capacitance-based sensor
with no moving parts.
When rotated about its sensitive axis, this unique sensor provides
an exceedingly linear variation in capacitance, which is
electronically converted into angular data. The sensor and
low-power CMOS electronics are encased in a rugged aluminum housing
ready to install as a system component or as a stand-alone device.
Designed for easy integration, with a choice of analog,
ratiometric, digital or serial models, the clinometer produces an
output signal corresponding to direction and magnitude of angular
INC218 Modbus Single-axis Inclinometer.pdf
- Single-axis inclination measurement, IP67 protection
- Resolution: 0.02°, Accuracy 0.2°
- Output interface RS232/485/TTL optional
- Wide voltage input: 9~35V
- Measurement range ±90°/±180°optional
- Small size: 91×40×26mm (customizable)
- High accuracy
- Rugged aluminum enclosure, IP67 protection
INC218 inclinometer enjoys high performance at very low cost; it
has been widely applied in the following applications:
- Cranes and Construction Machines
- Mobile Platforms
- Marine & Offshore Machinery
- Solar Trackers
- Wheel alignment
- Construction equipment
- Antenna positioning
|Zero temperature drift||-40℃～85℃||±0.01||±0.01||±0.01||°/℃|
|Weight||150g (package excluded)|
High Performance Digital Inclinometer Sensor
- Highly accurate, reliable and temperature stable
- Full temperature calibration of all sensing elements.
- Environmentally sealed (IP67), compact design
- Overload resistance: 2,000g
- Full tests and individual calibration from -40 to 85°C
- High cost effective
What is the Applications of Inclinometer?
Inclinometers are used for:
- Determining latitude using Polaris (in the Northern Hemisphere)
or the two stars of the constellation Crux (in the Southern
- Determining the angle of the Earth's magnetic field with respect
to the horizontal plane.
- Showing a deviation from the true vertical or horizontal.
- Surveying, to measure an angle of inclination or elevation.
- Alerting an equipment operator that it may tip over.
- Measuring angles of elevation, slope, or incline, e.g. of an
- Measuring slight differences in slopes, particularly for
geophysics. Such inclinometers are, for instance, used for
monitoring volcanoes, or for measuring the depth and rate of
- Measuring movements in walls or the ground in civil engineering
- Determining the dip of beds or strata, or the slope of an
embankment or cutting; a kind of plumb level.
- Some automotive safety systems.
- Indicating pitch and roll of vehicles, nautical craft, and
aircraft. See turn coordinator and slip indicator.
- Monitoring the boom angle of cranes and material handlers.
- Measuring the "look angle" of a satellite antenna towards a
- Adjusting a solar panel to the optimal angle to maximize its
- Measuring the slope angle of a tape or chain during distance
- Measuring the height of a building, tree, or other feature using
a vertical angle and a distance (determined by taping or pacing),
- Measuring the angle of drilling in well logging.
- Measuring the list of a ship in still water and the roll in rough
- Measuring steepness of a ski slope.
- Measuring the orientation of planes and lineations in rocks, in
combination with a compass, in structural geology.
- Measuring range of motion in the joints of the body
- Measuring the inclination angle of the pelvis. Numerous neck and
back measurements require the simultaneous use of two
- Measuring the angles of elevation to, and ultimately computing
the altitudes of, many things otherwise inaccessible for direct
- Measuring and fine tuning the angle of line array speaker hangs.
Confirmation of the angle achieved via use of a laser built into
the remote inclinometer.
- Setting correct orientation of solar panels while installing
- Setting firing angle of a cannon or gun (determines projectile
- Electronic games